Phantom of The Aqua - Washed Up on Miramar Beach - 2018 Update

Photographer: destiny Lane

Photographer: destiny Lane

Photographer: destiny Lane

Photographer: destiny Lane

Photographer: destiny Lane

Photographer: destiny Lane

Phantom of The Aqua (AKA Lilly) has been beached for several months now after it was abandoned by the owner during hurricane Nate in 2017.  This 45 foot long Sailboat has become a tourist attraction on Miramar Beach and no one seems to mind it's presence.  Though we all wonder how long it will stay...


I contacted the owner of the boat, Captain John Hale to get an update.  Here's what he had to say:

"Weeks ago when things were totally different then they are now, and the local help turned out to not be enough to be able to save Lilly and the experts/professionals wanted more then I had at the time, it was decided then that the best option for Lilly was to sign her over to someone with the means to save her. Lots of people were offering to take her off my hands and I decided on a local friend who was, and still is super excited about saving her. He has already begun the efforts and has maintained contact with all of the officials that are in charge and plans are in place. I do not know all of his plans but I do know that he is excited and fully capable. I can not express my appreciation enough for all of the people who offered to help and those who did so much! They are truly amazing. My life has had some spectacular twists and turns and I am now headed into the next phase of my life."

- Captain John Hale

Photographs by destiny Lane

Popular posts from this blog

Leon House - The movie : Behind the scenes